Site Inactive
Membership
Site Activity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blacklisted Forum Index -> Historical Guild Information
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Which Voice comm would you prefer?
Ventrilo
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
Teamspeak3
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
Mumble
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Raidcall
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

Haitharn
Veteran

re: Yes please!

I really hope teamspeak wins, I hate the voice delay on ventrillo 

Normander
Guild Leader

re: Ventrilo or Teamspeak3? CAST VOTES

there is voice delay with any of them. lol. i hear it so many times via Teamspeak 3 when im premading with euros

I've used for 3+ years when I played minecraft and retail, I never had a problem with talking over other people. In vent, I often begin talking when someone stops talking, and then the pick back up. But because of the delay, when the other person begins talking again, they hear me come in about half a second later than I start talking, so they assume I am just deciding to talk over them.

It may be different for each computer or I may be crazy, but either way, teamspeak is infinitely easier to learn, use, and cheap. 99% of "serious" gamers have teamspeak, but we always have to have people download vent to get in out VOIP, because few people use Vent nowadays.

Normander
Guild Leader

transmitting voice is based on your upload speed provided by your ISP. other individuals receiving your (voice comm messages) in a delayed state could simply be your internet provider or theirs.

everyone's ISP is different as we currently have people within the guild all over the world. ive seen delays in Teamspeak during the past 2weeks of premading and see no actual difference other than a different type of user interface.

the only feature i saw was the built in chat log was nice however the moment everyone types in it, it becomes annoying because of all the noise pings (which i havnt figured out how to turn that off)

im looking for ease of use, stability, price and as well as others views on the ones listed above :).

they've all got pros and cons. TS is just the most popular and what more people are gonna have. it's handy if you're pugging stuff, because they're more likely to have TS instead of Vent. it's more of a convenience thing. you know how people can be with downloading shit. personally i'm not a fan of the vent codecs, and prefer TS's, but its whatever. 

Appletiniii
Veteran

i have all of them now, so i really don't mind. I just got vent and i don't really see how to send messages etc but i'm sure i could work it out. In mumble and ts you can link. What i need is a new headset :)

Wipeout
Wipeout.
Veteran

Hammersplatt wrote:

i have all of them now, so i really don't mind. I just got vent and i don't really see how to send messages etc but i'm sure i could work it out. In mumble and ts you can link. What i need is a new headset :)

click chat to open global chat, or right click a username and open a private chat individually

I like vent but I guess I'm just old school.  I liked TS2 originally(12+ years ago?) - TS3 seems messy imo. At any rate, I've had them all for sometime as well.

Strngerbell

Only program my sound seems to work in is ventrilo so easy vote for me.

Sodor

Vent

Annoy-o-Din
Veteran

Just switch over to Discord. I have one set up for my FPS buddies and it's night and day. For an MMO (weekends) guild like this, it's even better since you can set up officer chat channel, guild notes channel, news channel and post messages and people can read them when they are signed on i.e. read offline messages like skype. You can also do direct messages and do @ mentions to people while they are offline. There is also mobile app for it so you can check the @ mentions with your name when you are mentioned while you are out.

This change is really good if you make the push for others to do it. It's user friendly and easy to use.

Discord is also very handy for pugging. Create another free server anytime and ask others to join. After you are done, you can keep the server or delete it just like that.

It's free. Unlimited voice slots. Invite only people you want to the server. Restrict invite tokens while raiding so you wont have trolls come in blasting non sense creepy voices to annoy us.

Discord App (TS3 + Skype) > *

Read UP!

https://discordapp.com/

http://testgaming.net/2015/09/should-your-org-switch-to-discord/

P.S. Ventrilo is so outdated and first released over 10+ years ago. There is a new kid on the block. DISCORD. Use it!

Appletiniii
Veteran

my other friends have discord, it looks good - i think we should upgrade to this.

RahvinNost
Officer

Discord is great for 10-15 people servers, however, it does start to lag when you have 25 people on a server. Never had 40 people on a single discord server so dont know how bad the lag would be. 

Pray for teamspeak (or really anything thats not vent)

Annoy-o-Din
Veteran

I have had 20 people on discord, didn't experience lag. They also doubled their voice capacity a few days ago. Is it still lagging for you with 25+ people on since then?

But I agree with you Rahvin. Down with ventrilo! At least give free Discord a try with quite a handful of features too :)

Appletiniii
Veteran

my husbands guild uses it for MC so they have 40 ppl on it. I'll ask him what he thinks of the voice quality etc.

edit: He says the quality is excellent, and it's better than vent etc and if you put the app on your phone then you can message ppl if you are running late etc.

wPowerRanger

Hammersplatt wrote:

my husbands guild uses it for MC so they have 40 ppl on it. I'll ask him what he thinks of the voice quality etc.

edit: He says the quality is excellent, and it's better than vent etc and if you put the app on your phone then you can message ppl if you are running late etc.

well actually on last BWL  I had some computer dramma (kept rebooting) and I joined vent from my phone (android) and was able to speak so there's no difference there.

Also I had to pay for the TS app and the vent app is free.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blacklisted Forum Index -> Historical Guild Information All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
Blacklisted Discord